Session 13 - Social Media 2 - Social and Risky Behaviors
The primary focus of this session is to:
- Learn about the various social media platforms and applications
- Understand positive social media behavior and ways to avoid risky behaviors.
The particular emphasis will be on:
- Encouraging personal online safety and understanding the offline consequences of risky behaviors.
- Parental monitoring and social media.
Knowledge –Attitudes –Skills Expected
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- 1. Explain various types of risky online behaviors and information they should avoid posting online.
- 2. Understand the potential impact of negative online behaviors.
- 3. Identify ways fathers can monitor their sons’ online behaviors.
- Affirmation & Meditation
- Discussion: Social Media and Offline Consequences
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Social Media and Online Safety
- Family Feud Game: Online Safety
- ‘Tweet’ About Yourself
- Positive and Negative Online Behaviors
- Closing Ceremony Talent Showcase
- Facilitator script for PowerPoint slides (Social Media and Online Safety & Family Feud Game)
- Family Feud Rules and Answer Key Sheet
- Game Buzzers for Family Feud (Optional)
- Pens and pencils
- Quick Overview of Today’s Session (5 minutes)
- Check-In (10 minutes)
- Activities (85 minutes)
- Affirmation & Meditation (10 minutes)
- Discussion: Social Media and Offline Consequences (15 minutes)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Social Media and Internet Safety (20 minutes)
- Family Feud Game –Online Safety (20 minutes)
- ‘Tweet’ about Yourself (20 minutes)
- Homework Assignment (5 minutes)
- Closing Summary (5 minutes)
- Check-Out (10 minutes)
Activities and Handouts
Lesson 13 - Fathers and Sons - © 2022