Session 10 - Sexual Behavior Communication
The primary focus of this session is on:
- Provide information and building skills for preventing or delaying early sexual initiation.
- Promote social competence with regard to avoiding or delaying early sex initiation.
The particular emphasis will be on:
- Building positive family communication and refusal skills.
- Increasing paternal efficacy in talking with their sons about sexual behaviors within a cultural context and vice versa.
Knowledge –Attitudes –Skills Expected
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- 1. Discuss the negative health consequences of early sex inititation.
- 2. Demonstrate positive communication skills when discussing family values and expectations about
adolescent risky behaviors.
- 3. Feel comfortable discussing issues related to sexuality.
- 4. Recognize the important part that fathers play as positive health educators for their sons and vice versa.
- Affirmation & Meditation
- PowerPoint Presentations: Strengthening Father-Son Communication agout Sexual Behaviors for fathers & for sons.
- Family Communication Exercise
- Sex Delaying Tactics
- Family Feud: Communicating about Sex
- Sex Delaying Tactics / Reaching Hopes and Dreams
- Facilitator script for PowerPoint slides (Strengthening Father-Son Communication about Sexual Behaviors for Fathers & Strengthening Father-Son Communication about Sexual Behaviors for Sons)
- Handouts and Worksheets
- List of Community Resources
- Flipchart or Chalkboard
- Quick Overview of Today’s Session (5 minutes)
- Check-In (10 minutes)
- Activities (85 minutes)
- Affirmation & Meditation (10 minutes)
- PowerPoint for Fathers and Sons on Strengthening Father-Son Communication about Sexual Behaviors (25 minutes)
- Family Communication Exercise (25 minutes)
- Sex Delaying Tactics (10 minutes)
- Family Feud -Sex Communication (15 minutes)
- Homework Assignment (5 minutes)
- Closing Summary (5 minutes)
- Check-Out (10 minutes)
Activities and Handouts
Lesson 10 - Fathers and Sons - © 2022