Session 5 - Social Media 1
The primary focus of this session is to:
- Introduce technology as a resource through which fathers and sons can stay connected.
- Learn how to use different phone applications to promote communication between fathers and sons.
The particular emphasis will be on:
- Utilizing phones and computers as a means of communication via text, instant messaging, pictures, and videos.
Knowledge –Attitudes –Skills Expected
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- 1. Identify phone apps and other technological devices.
- 2. Use phones and other technological tools as a means of communication with one another.
- Affirmation & Meditation
- Discussion: Evolution of Technology
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Evolution of Technology Trivia
- Using Technology to Stay Connected
- Do you know the Texting Lingo?
- Work on Memory Book
- Facilitator script for PowerPoint slides (Evolution of Technology Trivia and Using Technology to Stay Connected)
- Memory books
- Colorful construction paper
- Supply Boxes
- Quick Overview of Today’s Session (5 minutes)
- Check-In (10 minutes)
- Activities (85 minutes)
- Affirmations & Meditation (10 minutes)
- Discussion: Evolution of Technology (15 minutes)
- Evolution of Technology Trivia (15 minutes)
- PowerPoint Presentation: Using Technology to Stay Connected (15 minutes)
- Do you know the Texting Lingo? (10 minutes)
- Working on Memory Book (20 minutes)
- Homework Assignment (5 minutes)
- Closing Summary (5 minutes)
- Check-Out (10 minutes)
Power Point Materials
Activities and Handouts
The homework this week is Picture Taking
Lesson 5 - Fathers and Sons - © 2022